We are honored to search for this company! They are the best in class in the field of international forwarding & contract logistics, trading services, project cargo and high value transport services (security). Established more than 108 years ago and they still have its headquarters in the port of Antwerp. Today our client employs more than 800 staff in 19 countries in Western Europe, CIS/Baltics and Asia. In order to support the daily business in its wide range of activities 41 legal entities are operating in these respective regions.
The Corporate Finance team is based in Antwerp and consists of the CFO, an Internal Auditor and a Financial Controller. Together they oversee consolidation and reporting as well as internal audit and financial planning. They report directly to the group CFO. The main responsibilities of the Internal Auditor will be the planning, execution and reporting on internal audits of country organization or identified risk areas (finance/operations/compliance). Following up the outcome and action lists of these internal audits and providing internal procedures and guidelines. Supporting the corporate finance team in the monthly reporting tasks as back up of the dedicated financial controller.
As internal auditor, your main responsibilities will be:
- Take a leading role in formalizing internal control procedures and implementation of the latter. Issue internal policies regarding finance related issues (e.g. collection of trade receivables, internal reporting standards etc.) and follow-up on their implementation.
- Plan and organize recurring internal audit visits and provide high quality written reports on internal corporate governance, compliance and risk mitigation. Follow up of internal audit reporting.
- Be a sparring partner for financial controller and functioning as a backup for this position.
- Provide Banks, External Auditors, Tax Authorities and other relevant parties with the necessary information to allow them to assess compliance with their respective requirements and/or covenants.
- Participate in the reporting for Internal Audit Committee purposes.
- Adequate identification and assessment of key risk areas.
- Timely and relevant reporting and follow-up.
- Optimizations of current internal control procedures.
- 3-5 years of experience in internal and/or external audit and exposure to an international business environment.
- Ability to work independently on internal audits.
- Team player within the corporate finance team
- Ability to analyse financial data and provide clear and comprehensive reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to balance risk, controls and governance with the potential cost/benefits to the business
- Have soft skills and resilience to ensure implementation of internal audit recommendations and internal control procedures
- A demonstrated and strong commitment to high professional and ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Language skills: fluent in English. Russian is a distinct plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time.