- Supporting, coordinating and technically framing the work of the team of accountants in consultation with the Accountancy Coordinator in order to guarantee efficiency in the work processes as well as an optimal output.
- Developing technical competence in the company systems and accounting and with regard to tax law, consolidating accounts and other accounting techniques in order to guarantee services that live up to the organisation’s needs in accounting terms and taking into account national and international legislation.
- Contributing to the optimisation of the common company chart of accounts, the Belgian entities’ local charts of accounts, accounting procedures and systems regarding products and techniques concerning credit insurance, tax law, transfer pricing, legislation on accounting standards (IFRS, Solvency II, etc.) in order to comply with the directions and laws and to guarantee services adapted to the organisation’s needs.
- Contributing to the definition of the common accounting policies together with the internal departments (Controlling and Risk Management) based on IFRS, and identifying the differences with local Belgian accounting regulations (casu quo BeGAAP). The results will be compiled in the Company Accounting Manual. > Executing or assisting in the prudential Solvency II reporting in shared responsibility with internal departments (Risk Management and Controlling) with regard to the FIN part and for the Belgian entities subject to Solvency II regulations in order to be able to submit the Quantitative Reporting Templates to the respective supervisor.
- Ensuring the verification of and coherence between the accounting figures and the annexes with figures coming from the central system and from internal departments (HR, IT, business controlling, RE), as well as establishing the reports in order to enable a correct, efficient and swift accounting treatment and thus optimise the services delivered.
- Optimising the accounting tools and processes in cooperation with the internal departments, following the auditor’s recommendations in order to enable an efficient, quick and clear accounting treatment and thus optimise the services delivered.
- Being the contact person in projects as far as accounting is concerned (local GAAP, IFRS, Solvency II) and bringing technical expertise to the table
- Knowing and understanding the organisation, the products and the insurance market.
- Knowing and understanding the sector as well as knowing our clients and their needs.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting principles/methods (IFRS & BGAAP)
- Basic knowledge about financial business analysis & control
- Basic knowledge of the different financial assets (derivatives, cash management, forex,...)
- Good knowledge of tax regulation and its application
- Good management & planning skills
- Good knowledge about specific regulations (Solvency II, financial investments,...)
- Good level of MS Office
- Expert level of SAP
- Good level of BO,BW, BI,...
A temporary mission until the end of december 2019