The function Accounting Support officer is located in the SAP transformation team and supports the accounting team in their daily operations and tasks to do in the projects. (IFRS 917, SAP for Insurance front office projects). You will be trained in the accounting team for the tasks related to claims indemnifications and handling the financial support for the UK branch.
- You record the accounting entries (funds, commitments, types of risks, etc.) in the ledger and / or analytical accounts for the daily monitoring of transactions.
- You support the financial closure (annual, half-yearly and quarterly) so that the accounts are submitted in a timely and reliable manner.
- You fill in the tax declarations of the companies and register the transactions relating to these declarations (VAT, premium taxes, corporate taxes) in accordance with the financial regulations.
- You prepare reports for control mechanisms and other relevant parties to meet legal obligations.
- You optimize the SAP accounting tool and update the accounting procedures to optimize working methods and operational tools adapted to the needs.
- You participate actively in all project activities that the accounting team needs to be present (Workshops, Acceptance testing,…)
- A Bachelor in finance or related
- Between 1-5 years of experience
- Experience in the insurance sector is an asset
- Experience in an accounting team and project work is an asset
- FR or NL language skills in combination with English.
- Team player attitude with a pragmatic focus on results
- Located in Brussels , no travel needed.