Our client is a well-known international logistics company with headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium. They employs 700 people in 35 locations across Europe, Asia, Russia and the CIS and offers innovative and highly efficient services in four distinct business units:
- Project cargo
- Facilitating trading activities
- Sustainable supply chain solutions
- High value logistics
An updated strategic plan was finalized at the end of 2018 and is the basis for further growth in focused business areas. That is why they are looking for a Business Controller to support 1 dedicated Business Unit from A tot Z. Namely the Business Unit Sustainable Supply Chain Solutions.
Due to the new strategy and growth of our client, we are looking for a Business Unit Controller (new position) to join the business units at the Global headquarters located in Antwerp. The business unit controller will report to the Business Unit Manager and the CFO.
The primary objective is to support the business unit manager with pro-active, accurate and timely financial information to implement the group's growth strategy. He/She is the sparring partner of the Business Unit Manager regarding interpretation and analyses of the figures and decision making. In this position you can really support the business by delivering insights that will shape their future.
A must for this function? You need to be a strong business partner!
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly reporting for the Business Unit.
- Providing the Business Unit pro-actively with required information to support them in their decision making.
- Be a sparring partner for the Business Units.
- Monitor and report the variances between actuals, budget and forecast, and challenge the relevant stakeholders.
- Issue internal policies regarding finance related issues (e.g. cash advances, collection of trade receivables etc.)
- Define and cascade financial KPI’s throughout the organization.
- Learn to engage and challenge internal stakeholders without a hierarchical command.
Success criteria of the position:
- Timely and relevant reporting
- Developing an adequate reporting to support the Business Units
- Optimizations of current working methodologies
- Knowledge of the business so you can actively challenge budgets, results and requests
- Fluent knowledge of the IT systems (Exact - Lucanet - Excel (!))
- A Master Degree in Finance
- 10 years of experience in business controlling, and exposure to an international business environment. (first experience in audit is an asset)
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and internal stakeholders, increase the productivity and improve overall standards
- Ability to cope with stress and deadlines
- Ability to treat topics confidentially and in an appropriate way
- Ability to translate financial data into a managerial tool for the business.
- Ability to analyse financial data and provide clear and comprehensive reports for stakeholders
- A demonstrated and strong commitment to high professional and ethical standards.
- Strong business acumen and willing to build/implement structure, processes and systems to improve the business;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to decide quickly
- Excellent communication skills: you are able to communicate effectively with stakeholders;
- Hands-on and open minded
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and eager to drive change, a quick learner and team player;
- You are a fluent communicator in Dutch and English. Knowledge Russian is nice to have.
- You have advanced knowledge of Excel.
In exchange of your expertise, creativity and enthusiasm, our client offers an attractive salary complemented by fringe benefits, career opportunities and challenges abroad.
A company car included, lots of flexibility and 30 days holiday.